Wairarapa Moana Incorporation manages one of the largest farming operations in New Zealand and is regarded as one of the most innovative and progressive agribusinesses owning in excess of 11,500ha, of which 3,854ha is dedicated to dairying, 1,700ha allocated to dairy support and the rest in forestry.
Our client is seeking a new team member who has the knowledge and skills to join them as a successful Operations Manager and who has proven management experience within the dairying sector that will enable them to develop their own team. This exciting role will oversee the farming operations across 8 farms and will work closely alongside the current Operations Manager reporting directly to the General Manager.
To be effective in this role you will need to have proven experience in the following:
- Dairying and farm management
- Financial and budget implementation
- Staff performance, retention and development
- Accurate and detailed business reporting using Microsoft office suite, Excel
- Compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental Regulations
The successful applicant will have the ability to work within a corporate organisational structure that requires the following personal attributes:
- A willingness to adhere to the values and procedures of the Incorporation
- An attitude of openness, honesty and respectfulness
- An ability to build effective relationships within an organisation
- Proven vision and leadership skills, including strong communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in the sharing of knowledge to build and develop staff.
The appointee to this role will be required to work to achieve KPI’s to ensure that the farming operations under their direct responsibility continue to produce high end results for the Organisation.
If you believe you have the key qualities and experience for this critical leadership role, please send your Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 823 0105 for more information.