Employment Relations Conference - 7th and 8th June
The storm of employment law changes is looming and will hit business at the negotiation table this winter. How employers strike the deal and avoid potential action will need some serious work.
At the core, the proposed new legislation focuses on restoring greater protections to workers and strengthening the role of collective bargaining in workplaces across New Zealand.
Those changes threaten resetting minimum standards, limiting the use of the 90-day trial and attaching a secondary employer to a personal grievance (PG).
This conference will cover all the big employment issues of the year, including:
- Triangular relationships and mitigating secondary employer personal grievances (PG) mechanisms
- Transparency – minimum wage vs living wage to remuneration structures and progression rates
- Cash vs non-cash requests – deal breakers for a forward-looking NZ
- 2019 and beyond: breaking holiday pay into one calculation
- Case study: Air New Zealand’s workplace and union partnership – the future of ER
- Pre-Bargaining – how to leverage the negotiations before you get in the room
- Critical timelines for opting out of collective agreements
- There’s an opportunity to ask questions directly to MBIE and the NZCTU
When: Day 1 Thursday, 7 June 2018 - From 9:00am to 4:30pm
Day 2 Friday, 8 June 2018 - From 9:00 am to 12:30pm
Where: EMA Business HUB, 145 Khyber Pass Road, Grafton, Auckland
Cost: NZ$ 898.00 + GST (EMA Members)
NZ$ 1179.00 + GST (Non-Members)
To view a full programme head to www.emaevents.co.nz/erchanges/